Experienced Real Estate Agency in Colts Neck, NJ
Colts Neck Realty, Inc., established in 1963 by a noted local builder, Walter Zimmerer is located in the heart of Colts Neck Township. Colts Neck Realty is owned and managed by Lillian Burry. Lillian resides in Colts Neck with her husband Donald, who serves as a vice-president of the corporation. Lillian has long been active in the community and has an intimate knowledge of its workings. Twenty years ago she was elected to the Colts Neck Township Committee and served as Mayor. In 2006 Lillian Burry took her seat as a Monmouth County Freeholder after being elected to that office in November 2005. She and four other members of the Board of Freeholders are responsible for the 53 Municipalities in Monmouth County. Her start in the Real Estate industry goes back to 1974. Lillian has also served on the executive board of Monmouth County Association of Realtors; President of the Women's Council of Realtors a national organization that fosters education within the profession. Lillian has been the recipient of the following real estate awards: Monmouth County Sales Associate of the year, N.J.A.R. President Club, N.J.A.R. Distinguished Sales Club, N.J.A.R. Million Dollar Sales Club.
Lenore Burry Manicioto, a third generation Burry at Colts Neck Realty was preceded by her grandfather John and now proudly welcomes her daughter Stephanie as the most recent licensee. Lenore has repeatedly made the "Circle of Excellence Sales Award" and her caring, productive, business like manner is highly recognized in the industry.
The remaining staff at Colts Neck Realty is highly knowledgeable and responsive. It consists of Lenore Burry Manicoto, Donald Burry, Nancy Boylan, Deb Nacht, Michael Dzergoski, Robert Burns, Stephanie Manicioto, Victoria Ali, Ralph Evans, and Connie Wilson.
The helpful and efficient voice on the telephone is our office admin, Michele Battista.
Colts Neck Realty is a member of the Monmouth Ocean Regional Realtors (MORR) and as such serves Monmouth and Ocean County.
The Colts Neck Realty structure, known as the Kelsey House, was built in 1780.
While settled in the 1600s, the area known as Colts Neck was formed from parts of Middletown, Shrewsbury and Freehold. Route 537 in Colts Neck was originally part of the historic Burlington Path, a major link between Middletown, Trenton and Burlington. In c.1717 a tavern, later to be known as the Colts Neck Inn was built on this stagecoach route. It served as an Inn, headquarters for resistance during the Revolutionary War and as the original distillery of Lairds Applejack.
In 1848 the General Store was built by Levi Scobey on the Colts Neck Turnpike to provide convenient shopping. Gasoline pumps were added in the 1940s. Today, the General Store still looks very similar to its appearance in the 19th century. The gasoline pumps are gone.
In the 1840s a group of investors planned a social experiment in a cooperative agriculture community known then as the North American Phalanx. There was a flourmill, a sawmill, blacksmith and tin shops. A huge building, the "palanstery", housed the families and workers. After a fire in 1854, which destroyed the mills and shops, and the insurance company's inability to pay the $14,000 claim, the Phalanx declined. It was sold at auction in 1855 and destroyed by fire in 1972.
Today Colts Neck is home to five golf courses, an exceptional school system with the highest academic standards, thoroughbred horse farms, 1,000 farmland preserved acres, hundreds of acres of Parks, Delicious Orchards, a noted Country Food Market, sound zoning principals, sensitivity to environmental principals and a boutique shopping center. Colts Neck is centrally located in Monmouth County within a short distance to Atlantic Ocean beaches and within 50 miles of New York City.
COLTS NECK REALTY: No one knows the area better!